Wednesday 27 April 2011

NEHRU, OUR QUEEN, WILLIAM AND KATE !!!


I was still just seventeen, when I stood on the Embankment of the Thames in 1953 with my school friends, for the cavalcade which passed by on the way to the Coronation of Elisabeth, to become the Queen of Great Britain, the Empire and the Commonwealth.

As the cavalcade went by, we all tried to peer inside the cars, hoping to see someone we could recognise.  Suddenly, the cavalcade stopped right in front of us !!!   To my surprise the window of the car in front of me was wound down. When I looked closer I saw Nehru.  He was all smiles and spontaneously he shook hands with me, and probably others too !!!  

As loyal citizens of the Crown we all wish you, William and "Kate" (sorry, but I think that is how we, loyal subjects, will forever remember you and call you), a long and happy life together !!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment