Paying, to get out of the EU in order to recover British "independence", is a quick solution, but it must take into account the current "mess" in which the EU finds itself !
Britain is not the only Country which considers that the current basic EU operating principles do not permit "EU Unity", above all when new problems arise which require urgent solutions !
A few typical examples are,
- The invasion of Immigrants and Refugees,
- Absence of strict Border Control principles,
- No EU declaration of War against ISIS,
- No cohesive Policy against Terrorism,
- Too many EU laws,
- Unlimited expansion of the EU Court of Justice !
The unity of the EU and its future survival is threatened. More "Exits" like the Brexit can be expected if nothing changes. The EU MUST therefore change !
Britain cannot and should not be expected to pay for the malfunctions of the EU which it must quickly change to survive ! Likewise if Britain is still expected to protect the EU in the case of a "War", that too must be part of any discussions !